Today, we made it possible for you to create third party content for The Dee Sanction, without permission, providing you keep within the rules and guidelines.
Why are we doing this?
Well, over the last four months, since the release of the Core Rules, we’ve seen a lot of activity and interest in the community. We want to see more of that and making it possible for fans to create their own content has worked for many other games over the years.
The freedom for fans to create content doesn’t mean that we’ll stop doing it—expect official adventures and supplements for The Dee Sanction to continue. However, as most of the writing falls to a single individual and there are only so many hours in the day, it makes sense to avoid constraining wider creativity.
So, whether you want to create adventures, expand options, or provide some homebrew mechanic that’s worked in your games, this is the way to do it.
- Check through the rules to make sure the content of your offering contains only those elements allowed. You can’t copy/paste from official material or use any artwork, nor can you translate it into another language. The material is intellectual property, and its use requires explicit permission from the copyright holder.
- Read the explanation of the permissions offered and labelling required.
- Ensure that you include the noted text about copyright and publication under Third Party Licence.
- Add the “Compatible with The Dee Sanction” logo if you want (it’s available in PNG and PDF format; invert the colour if you want it to show up on a dark background).
- You can’t claim that what you’re creating is official.
- And keep in mind prohibited content—don’t even go there. On top of that, if you include any material likely to trigger, call out the need for a GM to consider Sensitive Issues (Core, pg 46) and have tools in place.
(that’s just a quick overview — read the full Third Party Licence to ensure you have everything covered)
We’re looking forward to seeing what the community creates. For us, the landscape of the Elizabethan world is fascinating with huge untapped potential. So please show us what you got!